Wednesday, January 21, 2015

How can I find settlement money awarded in my name my parents hid from me?

How can I find settlement money awarded in my name my parents hid from me?
If it was done in a court of law in the United States, those records should be open records. If you can find out the location of the court you should be able to find the records of the clerk of the court. There should be a record of the settlement and how it was paid. You may or may not be able to find out where a check was sent with the settlement money. With a court order, you may be able to follow a paper trail. On the other hand if the settlement was maid out of court, it will be even more difficult to trace. Either way will involve hard work. You can contact a lawyer. It is frequently good to find out all the information you personally can find out before you contact a lawyer. There is no point in paying him to do what you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment