Monday, November 24, 2014

Is there a program that can help you manage your inventory from your iPad?

Is there a program that can help you manage your inventory from your iPad?
There are a few, some good and some not so good. Most of them are industry specific, so to find the best one for you, I really need to know what industry you work in. I work in the entertainment industry renting stages and equipment for events. So for me, I use Inventory software on my iPad that is designed for rental equipment (tracking, gps, multiple locations etc)
But whatever inventory software you use on a mobile device, it will most likely be dependent on you having an internet connection, so consider that fact carefully before you settle on using an iPad. You may be working in a basement or somewhere without a connection and if that is the case, the iPad although totally useful and convenient, will not really do the job for you.
One more thing, always read reviews before you buy. There are lots of free inventory programs out there, but a lot of them are pretty unreliable from my experience.
Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment