Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What is Don Bowman doing now?

What is Don Bowman doing now?
Don Bowman has NOT passed away. He just hasn't been heard from lately. Check out his www.myspace.com/donbowman page. He has a new album out called "Very Funny Stuff". Was a former country DJ in San Diego and wrote the Waylon and Willie hit, Just To Satisfy You, which Bobby Bare also had out at one time. He was discovered by Chet Atkins and was the original host of American Country Countdown.
I found an address for Don Bowman at a Branson, MO motel. I sent a little money in early 2008 asking if I could buy a record. I got the following note back: "Mr. Bowman suffered a stroke and at this time is unable to fill your request. I'm returning your check. Don is a great guy and still a fighter. So with Gods will may he will be back and able at sometime to fill your request. Kent." (Note transcribed without corrections.)
I miss Don so much, I was just thinking of him and the times we had together, I'm so sorry to hear about the stroke and am praying for him. I used to live in branson and he was such a good friend, I'm so sorry Don and would love to hear from you again.

(Addendum: as of June 5th 2013, sadly Bowman has now passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment